Thursday, February 21, 2008

a tale of piggies and woe

I had to go into the city today so the plan was to catch the train in and make a day of it by not only getting my bands adjusted, but by taking Daniel to the museum for a look at the freaky eyed stuffed animals (Daniel, looking at an elephant: "MOO COW! aibee: "it sure is, baby"). Then I thought we'd head down to the river for a run around in the park before heading back up the hill for some lunch at that oudoor cafe. I figured on two trains home rather than just the one because in Daniel's world, if there's anything better than being in a goddamn train, it's being in a fuckload of the fuckers.

So that's what we did today. We took the train and then we walked all over the freakin city, then we walked to the train station, took a train to WAY past our regular station, caught the train back again, and got off at a different station than our usual because life is all about variety.

And I am some kind of hard ass because I did all this despite the fact that, seconds before walking out the front door this morning, I kicked the fucking thing SO HARD that I think I broke my toe.

It was swollen when we left, and blue and swollen by the time we got home. Then I walked through the kitchen and COMPLETELY fucked my already injured toe up by kicking I don't know what the fuck or how the fuck it came to be in my path. My entire foot is now swollen and my toe is blue on top with black underneath bits.

**warning, gross out alert**

.
.
.
.
.
.
.



After two years (TWO! YEARS!) of post baby swollen, my feet finally and only recently returned to their pre pregnancy dainty fairy state, and here I am posting a photo and admitting ownership of this ugly ass foot. I'm obviously insane, and no doubt you are all "My GOD that girl has NASTY feet".
Also, injuries may not appear as awesome on these pages as they do in real life because in real life, that little piggy is way fucked up.


In other semi-related news, birdman was out front of the museum.


And he was still there when we left an hour later.





Okay, all you can see is a nondescript, albeit writhing, blur in the centre of the screen. Lemme paint you a picture: it's a man and he's covered in pigeons. COVERED. IN. Although, most surprisingly, he did not appear to be covered in pigeon poop.

Freak-ay.




2005-2007© aibee