Monday, May 23, 2005

germs

You know what really annoys me? People who have a cold and who are intent on going public and sharing the joy, when what they should do is stay home and infect only their nearest and dearest.

Take today for instance. I'd just run my second class and was chatting to one of the regulars when she sneezed (ugh), blew her nose, wiped her eyes and then balefully looked at me as she moaned 'I probably shouldn't have come today becuase I'm getting a cold'.

No shit, Sherlock.

I think she wanted me to call her a poor thing and then compliment her on her dedication to her sport. Well fuck that. I agreed with her instead, and blithely sailed forth, stating that if I get a cold, I stay home because I'm not a selfish cow with no regard for humanity, as demonstrated by my lack of concern at the spread of infectious diseases. Okay, so I didn't say that last bit about being a selfish cow, but I thought it SO hard, she had to know I thought she was one.




2005-2007© aibee