Thursday, June 30, 2005

deep thought

As much as I can't wait to meet the little critter, I don't want to rush any moment of this being pregnant thing either. Ask me how soon I want this to be over when this whole thing is really BIG and boring, but right now? Being pregnant is a gas (not literally, not anymore, thank fuck, but in the beginning? Oh. My. God. ) and anyway, everyone loves me!

Well, maybe not me me, but pregnant me is all the rage right now. and I'm thinking men have been genetically coded to go over all protective and caring over us incubators.

*thinks*

Or maybe it's the bigger boobs? Hmm.

Anyway, the men in my classes are so sweet, and are behaving in a manner quite distinct from the way the women - who are also very sweet - act.

I'm thinking men are influenced by a latent 'Must Nurture Woman And Bang Self On Chest With Fist' gene, while women seem to influenced by the more excitable 'Weeeeee!' gene. Both genes apparently make themselves known in the presence of increased bra sizes levels of progesterone and HCG.

The men are gentler somehow, in a way that's hard to explain. Maybe it's because they can relate to me as a person and without the burden of automatically mentally undressing me and bending me over the bonnet of a car? Because let's face it, unless you're into that kind of thing, or are married to one, pregnant women, even with the voluptuous norkage, are hardly the stuff of lurid and detailed fantasies.

**********

Today is my fourteen week and two day mark.


despite the hirsute component of the father's genetic structure, my baby looked way less fuzzy than this one, which isn't mine, btw.
(surprised?)


I thought I'd reached a temporary terminal velocity in the increasing girth department, but it seems I was kidding myself. According to reports, I've graduated from the questionable 'She Looks Like She Needs To Fart' phase and have stepped neatly onto the 'Whoa, She's SO Pregnant' podium.




2005-2007© aibee