Wednesday, December 01, 2010

art show

Daniel's preschool artshow was last night. The kids had all been given a canvas that was apparently created from crushed diamonds or maybe butterfly wings because we had to pay $45 to take our artwork home. That included three! bonus! 6x4 photos of our spawn, posed in the playground and wearing the school t-shirt, that would have cost 36 cents to print at Harvey Norman's - and ASIDE ALERT; I give these people MY ORGANS each week, you think they'd a) drop the effing price of an effing canvas to what it ACTUALLY cost, or b) foot the effing bill and make it an effing gift because, MY ORGANS. EVERY WEEK, accompanied by GIGANTIC WADS OF CASH, so pardonez moi for not clutching my fists under my chin and exclaiming "Oh, how wonderful! A TRAIN!" when we've got a thousand billion trillion FREE trains at home already.

I'm looking at this latest train right now (market value; my pancreas) and I love it because it was painted by Daniel, and I happen to like HIM rather a lot, but I also know THIS piece was a swooshswishswoop with the paintbrush project because I am SURROUNDED by his Yay For Creativity! artwork here (this place is like the goddamn Louvre, but in crayon) and this one is much like any of the other ones I've asked him to paint, draw, or whatever "For so and so because they'd LOVE a picture from YOU", and THOSE ones are whipped out in lightening speed because his heart was reluctant and his eye was on something he'd rather be doing, ie ANYTHING BUT THIS.








2005-2007© aibee